MODx hosting is a fairly new type of niche hosting with support for the MODx software. Although it is frequently referred to as a content management system, its capabilities turn MODx into much more than an average CMS.
MODx Hosting Features
In terms of features, MODx is among the best of them, exceeding many others, due to the fact that its varied framework is compatible with numerous rising web technologies and offers flexibility to create personalized applications. Some of the most significant features of a MODx hosting plan include:
- Matchless SEO-Friendliness – MODx hosting is more likely the most SEO attractive of any available CMS web hosting solution. There is no reason to worry about installing new modules, because it lets you make user-friendly URLs just out of the box. Nevertheless, you can enhance your SEO efforts with the use of a supported add-on, Strict URLs, which enables you to personalize and rewrite URLs. Plus, the system makes it simple to edit your metadata on a site-wide or per-page basis.
- User-friendly Text Editors – MODx hosting has only TinyMCE for a faster download and install, but it supports several other text editors. The popular FCKeditor tool is also supported, while compatibility for other editors will also be available in the near future.
- Cross-Browser Solution – one of the main disadvantages of several open-source CMS products is their failure to function flawlessly in multiple web browsers. Well, it is not the case with MODx, because your site can be managed from all the main browsers, such as Internet Explorer, Firefox or Safari. All you need is internet connection, to add and make edits to your website from virtually any place in the world.
- Requirements for MODx Hosting
Just like with any other CMS solutions, there are certain requirements to consider when looking for a MODx hosting plan. Most importantly, you need a web server with PHP programming language installed, along with MySQL database. The web server might be Microsoft IIS, Apache, Zeus, Lighttpd or Nginx. It is supported by such operating systems as Windows, Linux and Mac OS X.
These requirements provide a great deal of flexibility in terms of the platform of your choice. Nevertheless, keep in mind that the product’s developer has certain recommendations you need to take in account in order to get the best performance. These include the use of the most recent versions of PHP, MySQL and Apache, plus the PHP settings and extensions, including PDO, SOAP or Freetype.
The most vital thing is to keep in mind the developer’s recommendation of running the software on a virtual private server or dedicated server, an aspect that could highly influence your selection of MODx hosting solution.
MODx is a content management tool with lots of features supporting more new web technologies than nearly any other type of CMS. It is the main reason of its huge popularity among developers. However, new users might find it quite overwhelming because of its numerous and complex features and options. Thus, it is important to establish your needs and compare them to your technical skills when deciding if MODx hosting is suitable for you.
* This is a limited time offer, check out the official website for more details!
Welcome to WebHostingTop.org!
We are a professional hosting review website, trying to help webmasters to find the hosting company that suit their needs and budget. WebHostingTop is independently owned and operated; reviews and guides are based thoroughly on personal experience.
Disclosure: We receive compensation from the web hosting companies, this does not influence the rankings and reviews on our website. We give high marks to companies that deserve it.